Filmoplast R is the ideal product for maintenance of modern papers and newspapers, retaining the paper character of the original. Due to the low thickness of the material, filmoplast R is hardly visible. It has all of the necessary archival qualities and is suitable for laminating weak and damaged paper.
- 8.5 g/m2 light, transparent, technical Japanese paper
- coated with heat activated acrylic-acid ester copolymer
- the paper is free of lignin and hemicellulose, with a high percentage of alpha cellulose
- the adhesive contains no softeners, is ageing-resistant, colourless and does not yellow
- Magnesium carbonate in the adhesive neutralises acids that may arise and migrate into the adhesive layer when paper fibres in old papers degrade
- the adhesive provides good adhesion with high bending stiffness, even repeated bending will not loosen the seal
- the sealing temperature must be over 100°C
- filmoplast R can be removed in water bath, with alcohol or heat (recommended).